Ant Farm Starter Kit RoxAnt Live Queen Ants Nest. Now with a better and improved design made of Birch plywood, the "Roxant" Hybrid Ant Setup with Plaster and Smart Meter provides the best handmade ecological environment for your ant pets. It is a fully recyclable formicarium finished with precision and attention to detail.
Fully upgraded A5 hybrid nest based on the old wooden nests we’ve been selling for 10 years until 2017, the new one comes with plastic internal ant chambers, upgraded humidity and temperature meter with BlueTooth connectivity, a bigger Greek sponge area and plaster of Paris bedding for better humidity performance. The wooden parts are completely treated with nano gel to be waterproofed.
Optional the nest’s lid could be engraved for a birthday or any other occasion message.
How to set up your new ant farm and useful tips?
The heating mat is built in with a lifetime warranty and the nest comes with a digital thermostat which has three temperature options and a 5V 2A power adapter included along with all other accessories needed for attaching to an outworld and an ants’ test tube (standard 16mm diameter).
The A5 Wooden Ant Nest with Humidity and Temperature Meter is formed by an acrylic cover and a wooden box made of birch plywood.
The insert is made of hard plastic, covered with 1-6mm Plaster of Paris and then stained to look like a natural ant's world. The RoxAnt
Video instructions here: The KB Ants on YouTube
RoxAnt Hybrid Ant Setup with Plaster and Smart Meter Size A5 contains:
- 1x RoxAnt Hybrid Ant Nest with Humidity and Temperature Meter 190x130x35 mm
- 1x 3mm Red Acrylic Filter
- 1x 4mm Wooden Cover
- 1x Ant Arena Outworld small 98x78x95 mm
- 1 x Magnifying Glass
- 1 x Plastic pipette
- 1 x Connecting kit
- 1 x Water Station+Connector
- 1 x Artificial Plants Set
- 1 x Substrate Bag - approx. 200gr.
- 1 x Honey food (organic)
- 1 x Digital Thermostat Switch
- 1 x 5V 2A transformer
- 1 x 5V Built-in Heating Mat
Please NOTE: the thermostat and Built-in Heating Mat provide the following temperatures inside the nest:
- Low indicator light: 1.5 to 2.5 degrees Celsius higher than the ambient temperature
- Middle indicator light: 2.8 to 3.7 degrees Celsius higher than the ambient temperature
- High indicator light: 5.2 to 7.2 degrees Celsius higher than the ambient temperature
Colonies failed due to a lack of fresh water supply, lack of food, and mostly due to a stressed-out queen.
Do not water the substrate inside the outworld at all.
Feed your ants into the outworld ONLY.
Don’t expose your ants to direct sunlight or any heat/light source (lamps/bulbs) trying to move them inside the nest quicker or you may harm your queen ant.
top of page
bottom of page